General Discussions (144)

Posts Replies Latest Activity

Data protection modernization, more than swapping out media

Have you modernized your data protection strategy and environment? If not, are you thinking about updating your strategy and environment?…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jul 26, 2012

Modernizing data protection with certainty

Speaking of and about modernizing data protection, back in June I was invited to be a keynote presenter on industry trends and perspectives…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jul 26, 2012

Dell is buying Quest software, not the phone company Qwest

For those not familiar with Quest, they are a software company not to be confused with the telephone communications company formerly known…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jul 15, 2012

How can direct attached storage (DAS) make a comeback if it never left?

Have you seen or heard the theme that Direct Attached Storage (DAS), either dedicated or shared, internal or external is making a comeback…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jul 15, 2012

Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the NetFlix Fix?

I received the following note from Amazon Web Services (AWS) about an enhancement to their Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service that can b…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jul 15, 2012

EPA Energy Star for data center storage draft 3 specification

The U.S. EPA is ready to release DRAFT 3 of the Energy Star for data center storage specification and has an upcoming web session that you…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jul 15, 2012

Only you can prevent cloud data loss

Some of you might remember the saying from Smokey the bear, only you can prevent forest fires and for those who do not know about that, cli…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jun 18, 2012

Why FC and FCoE vendors get beat up over bandwidth?

Have you noticed how Fibre Channel (FC) and FC over Ethernet (FCoE) switch and adapter vendors and their followers focus around bandwidth…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jun 18, 2012

Green IT deferral blamed on economic recession might be result of green gap

I recently saw a comment somewhere that talked about Green IT being deferred or set aside due to lack of funding because of ongoing global…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jun 18, 2012

How much SSD do you need vs. want?

I have been getting asked by IT customers, VAR's and even vendors how much solid state device (SSD) storage is needed or should be install…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jun 18, 2012

RSS

Connecting data center industry professionals worldwide. Free membership for eligible professionals.

Events

Follow Us

© 2024   Created by DCPNet Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service