General Discussions (144)

Posts Replies Latest Activity

EMC New VNX MCx doing more storage I/O work vs. just being more

It's not how much you have, its how storage I/O work gets done that matters Following last weeks VMworld event in San Francisco where amon…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Sep 16, 2013

Is more of something always better? Depends on what you are doing

Is more always better? Depends on what you are doing As with many things it depends, however how about some of these? Is more better for e…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Sep 16, 2013

Fall 2013 Dutch cloud, virtual and storage I/O seminars

Fall 2013 Dutch cloud, virtual and storage I/O seminars It is that time of the year again when StorageIO will be presenting a series of se…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Sep 16, 2013

Is there an updated public list of data center locations in California?

So far, I've come across the Data Center Map (http://www.datacentermap.com/usa/california/), and suggestions on this thread: http://www.dat

Started by Amruta Sudhalkar

0 Aug 7, 2013

IBM buys Softlayer, for software defined infrastructures and clouds?

IBM today announced that they are acquiring privately held Dallas Texas-based Softlayer and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider.…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jun 20, 2013

Part II: How many IOPS can a HDD, HHDD or SSD do with VMware?

How many IOPS can a HDD, HHDD or SSD do? This is the second post of a two-part series looking at storage performance, specifically in the…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jun 20, 2013

How many IOPS can a HDD, HHDD or SSD do?

How many IOPS can a HDD, HHDD or SSD do? A common question I run across is how many IOPS (IO Operations Per Second) can a storage device o…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Jun 20, 2013

EMC ViPR software defined object storage part III

This is part III in a series of posts pertaining to EMC ViPR software defined storage and object storage. You can read part I here and par…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 May 13, 2013

FusionIO (FIO) SSD vendor CEO out in a flash, whats up with that?

FusionIO (FIO) who recently bought Nexgen to expand their reach from just a server centric to a more broad flash focus has seen their CEO…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 May 13, 2013

EMC ViPR software defined object storage part II

This is part II in a series of posts pertaining to EMC ViPR software defined storage and object storage. You can read part I here and part…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 May 13, 2013

RSS

Connecting data center industry professionals worldwide. Free membership for eligible professionals.

Events

Follow Us

© 2024   Created by DCPNet Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service