Questions to the Network (105)

Posts Replies Latest Activity

Predictions, did Mayans have it right, or did we read it wrong?

It is late in the day December 12, 2012 and best I can tell, we are still here, and for some, by time you read this it will be a few days…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Dec 15, 2012

Storage comments from the field and customers in the trenches

When I was in Europe presenting some sessions at conferences and doing some seminars last month I meet and spoke with one of the attendees…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Dec 15, 2012

HPs big December 3rd storage announcement

HP has been talking and promoting for several weeks (ok, months) their upcoming December 3rd storage announcements from the HP discovery ev…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Dec 15, 2012

Hardware, Software, what about Valueware?

I am surprised nobody has figured out how to use the term valueware to describe their hardware, software or services solutions, particular…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Dec 15, 2012

Seven databases in seven weeks, a book review of NoSQL databases

Seven Databases in Seven Weeks (A Guide to Modern Databases and the NoSQL Movement) is a book written Eric Redmond (@coderoshi) and Jim Wi…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Nov 27, 2012

Ceph Day Amsterdam 2012 (Object and cloud storage)

Recently while I was in Europe presenting some sessions at conferences and doing some seminars, I was invited by Ed Saipetch (@edsai) of I…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Nov 27, 2012

Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) and IRM

There are many business drivers and technology reasons for adopting data center infrastructure management (DCIM) and infrastructure Resour…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Nov 25, 2012

Is SSD only for performance?

Normally solid state devices (SSD) including non-persistent DRAM, and persistent nand flash are thought of in the context of performance i…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Nov 25, 2012

SSD, flash and DRAM, DejaVu or something new?

Recently I was in Europe for a couple of weeks including stops at Storage Networking World (SNW) Europe in Frankfurt, StorageExpo Holland,…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Nov 25, 2012

Garbage data in, garbage information out, big data or big garbage?

Do you know the computer technology saying, garbage data in results in garbage information out?   In other words even with the best algori…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Nov 25, 2012

RSS

Connecting data center industry professionals worldwide. Free membership for eligible professionals.

Events

Follow Us

© 2024   Created by DCPNet Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service