General Discussions (144)

Posts Replies Latest Activity

Is 14.4TBytes of data storage for $52,503 a good deal? It depends!

A news story about the school board in Marshall Missouriapproving data storage plans in addition to getting good news on health insurance r…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Apr 24, 2012

Part I: PureSystems, something old, something new, something from big blue

This is the first in a five-part series around the recent IBM PureSystems announcements. You can view the next post here.   For a certain…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Apr 24, 2012

IT Optimization, efficiency, convergence and cloud conversations from SNW

Recently I did a presentation titled Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking (hmm, I think I know of a bookwith the same title) at the sp…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Apr 24, 2012

Facilities Engineer App on Android/iTunes

The FE App/Facilities Engineer app is something that I have created to help busy engineers that have 1000 things going on. I am a Facilitie…

Started by Darin Jones

0 Mar 31, 2012

Why SSD based arrays and storage appliances can be a good idea (Part I)

This is the first of a two-part series, you can read part II here. Robin Harris (aka @storagemojo) recently in a blog post asks a question…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Mar 14, 2012

Are social media and networking a waste of time?

Are social media and networking including twitter, blogs, google+ and linkedin among other venues and mediumsa waste of time or only for th…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Mar 14, 2012

Server, Storage, IO and Data Center books by Greg Schulz added to Intel Recommended Reading Lists

My two most recent books The Green and Virtual Data Center and Cloud and Virtual Data Storage Networking both published by CRC Press/Taylor…

Started by Greg Schulz

0 Mar 14, 2012

A road to green and sustainable data centre

A Data Centre is a facility designed for providing uninterrupted services to data processing operations. It consolidates information techno…

Started by Institute of DataCentre Engineer

1 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Greg Schulz

Looking for consultant that knows the SMB data center market

Launching a new product in the data center that interested in consultants who know the SMB market and can help with launch. I can answer mo…

Started by Kevin Dillon

1 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Greg Schulz

Data center complexity growing? Do you lack confidence in the data you are using to make decisions?

Need a simple and accurate way to manage the critical infrastructure and improve performance  in real-time? Wish there was a way to align p…

Started by Robert Schmidt

0 Oct 8, 2011

RSS

Connecting data center industry professionals worldwide. Free membership for eligible professionals.

Events

Follow Us

© 2024   Created by DCPNet Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service