Are we going to see shortly York, Trane, McQuay and so in Data Centres? / ¿Veremos a York, Trane, Mcquay en los Centros de Datos?
So the temperature in DCs is raising 25o-27o in take in IT equipment
"New" techniques like:
- Kyoto Cooling development and
- Radiant cooling (Trox)are taking off in different markets around the world;
- Natural cooling (not "free" nor economizers)
Some questions I am asking myself
- What is going to happen with the "traditional" air cooled enviroment in DCs?
- Temperature going up, but what about humidity?
- Is this still an issue with the new IT equipments?; this will remain an issue?
- Market (end users) will accept "new" technologies due (benefit/cost) or keep it traditional & safe?
- What do the APC, Emerson, Data Aire or Stultz think on this trend?
- How will they react?
At this moment, I think we have -as consultans / designers- to start Thinking OUT of the CRACs
But which is your opinion?